Ease of use
Apollo can play an important role in optimizing your anesthesia workflow and reducing process costs with features such as the fully automatic self-test. Since no user interaction is required, you are free to get on with other jobs. In addition to providing you with invaluable assistance through best-in-class therapy, Apollo also offers you an open-platform architecture - enabling it to be easily integrated into your overall workflow.
Create your own custom-designed anesthesia workstation by adding our Infinity® Omega Solution and Innovian® Anesthesia information management system. Infinity’s Pick and Go®
transport solution not only offers seamless monitoring during transport, its intelligent docking stations and ergonomic cabling system
minimize transition times while helping optimize data continuity and patient care.
User friendly ergonomics
The Apollo was designed in response to
feedback from anesthesiologists and CRNAs from the United States. Dräger has developed a consistent and accepted user interface between Apollo and its entire anesthesia delivery platform including the Fabius GS,
Fabius® GS premium and the Fabius Tiro. Apollo has many practical and
ergonomically sound features:
- All functional elements are within easy reach of seated or standing user
- Unique breathing bag arm design provides the ultimate in flexibility
- Unique larger swivel writing surface
- Integrated auxiliary O2 and pressure gauge where you need them
- 2 deep drawers for storage (one is lockable)
- Integrated footrest and centrally operated brake
- Integrated and dimmable task lighting
- Integrated power outlet for desflurane vaporizer
- 2 or 3 vaporizer mount – Autoexclusion interlock system
Piston vs. bellows
The anesthesia ventilator has traditionally been based upon a bellows design. After many years of producing bellows-type anesthesia
ventilators, Dräger adopted the piston design as the platform for the future. The following summary highlights the key features of the piston design and the rationale for adopting this technology.
Apollo has the ventilation technology to support patients of any age and acuity. The E-Vent plus servo controlled high-speed piston ventilator works with great precision to supply a maximum peak flow far in excess of any bellows ventilator, resulting in
the kind of performance previously only seen in the ICU. Additionally, unlike a bellows ventilator, it requires no drive gas. The very short response time has clear physiological benefits for your patients, while the digital precision helps you make the most of the latest ventilation
Unique low-flow wizard
Apollo is designed to support the user by providing optimal low and minimal flow settings. The consistent use of low-flow
anesthesia techniques can significantly reduce the cost of inhalational
anesthetic agents. Reducing the fresh gas flow from 3L/min to 1L/min can
result in anesthetic agent savings of up to 50%.
- Simple straightforward statup makes it easier for the staff and provides complete information on device status
- Enhanced troubleshooting with clear text directions
- Integrated breathing system eliminates external hoses and clutter, reducing risk of misconnection and disconnection
- Fully automatic self test lasts
approximately three minutes, reflects the results to the user, and makes results available to the user at any time.