Ignition Interlocks Save Lives
A Dräger Sponsored Educational Webinar
Simply put, an ignition interlock device, commonly referred to as an IID
or BAIID, is a breath alcohol testing device which requires the driver
to present a breath sample prior to starting the vehicle. The interlock
will interrupt the starter if the driver’s breath alcohol concentration
is at or above a pre-set limit. If the driver’s breath alcohol
concentration is below the pre-set limit, the vehicle can be started.
These devices have proven effectiveness in reducing recidivism and
saving lives. However, there is a lack of enforcement of ignition
interlock sanctions. This may be attributed to the myths surrounding
their effectiveness and justification as a necessity for first time
offenders. The facts, studies and statistics presented here should
help dispel these myths.
We invite all those interested in increasing public safety to view this
webinar program containing information about Ignition Interlock Devices
and effective Ignition Interlock programs.
What you’ll learn:
- What is an ignition interlock device? Information will be provided
regarding the ignition interlock device and control box, and how it
- Why you should know about them? Interlocks are an effective, preventative tool which saves lives.
- Why are they necessary? Repeat offenders are a huge problem, and interlocks have proven effectiveness in reducing recidivism.
- What are the benefits to an Ignition Interlock Device Program?
Monitoring and detection technology benefit the monitoring agent and
- What are the elements of Ideal Programs? Ideal programs
contain vital key players including an actively involved committee,
dedicated interlock case managers, and vendors.
- A brief question and answer session.
The Web Part has timed out.