Infrared optical gas detector
- Continuous monitoring of combustible gases and vapors
- Compatible with: Polytron 8310, Polytron 5310, PIR 3000
- Measuring range: 0 – 100% LEL
The DrägerSensor IR emulates a Wheatstone half-bridge. A bridge signal is sent in mV, and the sensor responds to the control system in the same way as a pellistor. For this reason, the DrägerSensor IR can be operated with all Dräger control systems without any problems. Furthermore, it can also be connected to almost all installed systems from other manufacturers, without having to modify the wiring.
Smart and flexible
The DrägerSensor IR offers a gas library with three gas categories: Methane, propane and ethylene. Therefore, nearly all hydrocarbons are detectable sufficiently well and sensitive. And finally, temperature-compensatory linearizing algorithms allow for signal output for individual substances. Through optional accessories – e.g. the process adapter or the duct mount set – a multitude of measuring tasks can be performed professionally.
Immune to pellistor poisons
Technological advantages in infrared technology (e.g. fail-safe operation or immunity against pellistor poisons) have been
recognized and valued by the market for a long time.
The DrägerSensor IR now also offers these plus points for systems that have already been installed. Its long life time of over 15 years and the maintenance costs, which are usually significantly lower than for pellistors, make it a ost-effective, premium solution.
- Temperature-compensatory and non-imaging optics
- Gas library with 3 gas categories: Methane, propane and ethylene (typical of most hydrocarbons), performance approved in accordance with IEC 60079
- Performance approval (in accordance with IEC 60079) for 13 further substances
- Dirt and dust protection through hydrophobic splash guard
- mV signal for Wheatstone bridge installations
- Specified temperature range from - 40 °C to + 65 °C / - 40 °F to + 149 °F
- Unrestricted usage in humid atmospheres
- Hermetically closed enclosure made of stainless steel SS 316
- Slim enclosure design for confined areas of use
- Long maintenance interval thanks to minimum long-term drift
- No moving parts
- Typical life time: 15 years
- Ex approvals for worldwide use: ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- Dust ex approval for zone 21 and 22
- Ingress Protection: IP 65, IP 66 and IP 67
Images and Videos
FGDS Sensor Brochure, en
When there’s danger in the air ... this can quickly pose a high risk to humans, the environment, and all types of property and systems. Recognize the threat before it is too late.
Gas List Brochure, en
List of detectable gases and vapours.
SIL Brochure, en
Safety Instrumented Systems are used to reduce the risk for the protection of people, plants, and environment.
Sensors and substances
Dräger Sensors for fixed gas detectors can be used to measure a large number of hazardous substances. Check the different sensors by searching for a substance. Get in contact with our experts to get more information.