Dräger HPS® 4500
The outer shell is characterised by a robust and resistant design. The combination of high-temperature-resistant Duroplast and latest aramid fabrics protects you both against falling debris and the heat of naked flames. The outer shell, pressed using a special method (SMC* method) provides the HPS® 4500 with exceptional stability. At the same time it is one of the lightest helmets of its class and meets the requirements of the new standard EN 443:2008 – type A (half shell).
The HPS 4500 features modern and comfortable internal helmet components. The 4-point harness can be adjusted both in the neck area as well as in the temple area via a simple tensioning system. The convenient adjusting wheel allows you to adjust the fit of the helmet even with thick gloves. The integrated hair net allows for height adjustment, and at the same time, ensures a comfortable cool climate inside the helmet. The harness made of fire-resistant Nomex®/aramid fabric and the sweatband made of eco-leather are washable using common detergents.
The large visor of the HPS 4500 reaches down to the chin area. It is made of thermally high-resistant Polyphenylsulfon material and therefore suitable for interior fire fighting. The visor is approved according to EN 14458 and classified as “face guard”. Therefore the visor provides the greatest possible protection without any interfere in your field of vision. The visor has anti-scratch coating on both sides.
Dräger offers you a wide range of accessories for the most varied applications during fire fighting. You can
optimize and individualize your helmet to these various challenges by choosing between numerous versions
of neck guards, face protections, helmet lamps and communication systems – all of which can be quickly and
easily attached to the HPS 4500.
* SMC (Sheet Molding Compound) – Duroplast, reinforced with aramid fibre cloths; for a higher performance of the entire helmet.
Nomex® is a registered trademark of DuPont.
Parasnap® is a registered trademark of Parat.
Pinlock® is a registered trademark of Pinlock.
HPS 4500 Product Information, en
The Dräger HPS® 4500 is a traditional half-shell helmet with a modern design. Its robust outer shell provides you with excellent protection against impact and extreme heat. With a modern visor design, the helmet has superior wearer comfort due to ergonomic and lightweight internal components. A comprehensive range of accessories make our solution a truly versatile helmet across a variety of applications.
HPS BuddyLight: Technical Data Sheet, en
HPS 4000, HPS 6000 series Damage Assessment Poster, en-gb
- Application and helmet usage
- Multi-purpose fire & rescue applications
- Helmet type
- Half shell helmet (Type A3b)
- Helmet shell size concept and head size range
- Two sizes: 48-61 or 56-64 cm
- 2.2 lb
- Helmet shell colours
- 6 colours
- Continuous head size adjustment
- via wheel on the helmet inside
- Retention system/harness
- 4-point harness with adjustable chin and neck straps
- Suspension system
- Comfort net
- Height adjustment
- Face guard
- PPSU or PC, available in clear version with AS/AS coating
- Eye guard (optional)
- Safety goggle with different coatings
- Special application visors (optional)
- ✓ Electro, Mesh
- Google (optional)
- Neck protectors (optional)
- 7 different versions
- Helmet lamps (optional)
- attached side and rear lamps
- Helmet communication (optional)
- integrated solution and attached communication systems
- Reflective stripes
- complete around, silver
- Customer logo on front
- Customised writing at the back
- Compatible with masks
- Manual cleaning
- Machine cleaning, tumble process
- Machine cleaning, spray-nozzle process
- EN 443:2008
- DIN 58610:2014
- EN 16471:2014
- EN 16473:2014
- SOLAS and MED
- EN 12492:2012
- EN 1385:2012
- ISO 11999-5:2015
- ISO 16073-5:2019
- ISO 18639-5:2018
- NFPA 1971: 2018
- NFPA 1951: 2020
- AS/NZS 4067: 2012
- CA Brazil