With its Wheatstone bridge emulation, the Sensor IR outputs a mV signal, the same as the pellistor it replaces. The result is the control system sees the same signal input as before the Sensor IR was installed.
Naturally the Sensor IR can be operated with all Dräger control systems, more importantly it can also be connected to almost all installed systems from other manufacturers, without having to modify the wiring.
The Sensor IR offers a gas library with three gas categories: methane, propane and ethylene. Therefore, nearly all hydrocarbons are detectable. Temperature-compensatory linearising algorithms allow signal outputs for individual substances.
Through optional accessories – e.g. the process adapter or the duct mount set – a multitude of measuring tasks can be performed professionally.
Technological advantages in infrared technology (e.g. fail-safe operation or immunity against pellistor poisons) have been recognised and valued by gas detection users for a long time.
The Sensor IR now also offers these plus points for systems that have already been installed. Its long life time of over 15 years and long maintenance intervals mean that maintenance costs are significantly lower than for pellistors, make it a cost-effective, premium solution.
- Temperature-compensatory and non-imaging optics
- Gas library with 3 gas categories: Methane, propane and ethylene (typical of most hydrocarbons), performance approved in accordance with IEC 60079
- Performance approval (in accordance with IEC 60079) for 13 further substances
- Dirt and dust protection through hydrophobic splash guard
- mV signal for Wheatstone bridge installations
- Specified temperature range from - 40 °C to + 65 °C / - 40 °F to + 149 °F
- Unrestricted usage in humid atmospheres
- Hermetically sealed enclosure made of 316 stainless steel
- Slim enclosure design for confined areas of use
- Long maintenance interval thanks to minimum long-term drift
- No moving parts
- Typical life time: 15 years
- Ex approvals for worldwide use: ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- Dust ex approval for zone 21 and 22
- Ingress Protection: IP 65, IP 66 and IP 67
DrägerSensor IR Product Information, en
Upgrade from catalytic bead to infrared technology with ease using the DrägerSensor® IR. The Sensor IR can replace catalytic ex-sensors from the majority of manufacturers without replacing controllers, cables, junction boxes or control systems.
FGDS Sensor Brochure, en
When there’s danger in the air ... this can quickly pose a high risk to humans, the environment, and all types of property and systems. Recognize the threat before it is too late.
SIL Brochure, en
Safety Instrumented Systems are used to reduce the risk for the protection of people, plants, and environment.