Dräger CPS 5900
- SCBA worn inside the protective suit
- five suit sizes (S-XXL)
- side zipper
- suit material Zytron® 500, limited use
The CPS 5900 provides excellent protection against a broad range of industrial chemicals as well as warfare agents. Specifically designed for low risk operations, it can be used in a variety of applications such as when taking measurements or transferring hazardous substances in non-explosive atmospheres. As the first chemical protective suit to be approved to NFPA 1994, class2 and EN 943 part 1&2 (ET), the CPS 5900 also complies with the requirements of the SOLAS convention (pending). As a result, it fulfils the most demanding international standards of fire fighters and industrial users for limited use, gas-tight protective suits. Where the potential risks might include mechanical stress and flash fire, the heavy duty Dräger CPS 7900 protective suit should be worn.
Featuring the new Dräger cut, the Dräger CPS 5900 offers improved ergonomics and optimized compatibility with various types of personal protective equipment including the latest breathing apparatus, helmets and other forms of PPE. It can also be worn with twin cylinders or closed circuit breathing apparatus. Available in
five sizes, the suit is designed to fit both male and female users from 1.50 m to 2.10 m in height. Made of Zytron® 500, the softest laminate material on the market, each seam has been sewn
and then hot-air taped internally and externally. The material and production quality allow for a ten-year shelf life.
Zytron® is a registered trademark of Kappler Inc.
- Fully encapsulating suit for maximum protection
- Wide front entry on left side for easy donning & doffing
- Zipper fastener (bottom up)
- Double flap zipper protection
- Flexible and foldable two-layer visor offers almost natural field of vision
- Integrated gas-tight socks with boot flaps for use with multiple boot sizes
- Fixed gloves combine butyl outer with laminate inner lining for increased protection against chemicals and punctures
- Kevlar over-glove for additional cut protection
- Integrated waist belt for size adjustment
- Optional with connector for external air supply to extend decontamination phase
CPS 5900 Product Information, en
(Acrobat .PDF) The Dräger CPS 5900 is the ideal disposable, gas-tight chemical protective suit for hazmat incidents. Where complete protection against hazardous gases, liquids and particles is of the utmost priority, this lightweight garment is the suit of choice.
Procedure for Donning Gas-tight Chemical Protective Suit Type 1a (PDF)
Brochure: Safety You Can Count On Dräger Chemical Protective Suits (PDF)
Whether taking pre entry measurements, transferring liquids, or responding to emergencies: Dräger offers a large range of chemical protective suits – tailor-made for a large variety of application areas.