H2S Plus Training
This training gives an overview about the emergency response competency requirements and provides details of training required for personnel working in potential H2S environments. It covers the characteristics of Hydrogen Sulphide gas and the potential physiological effects of exposure as well as the use of H2S detection equipment and compressed air escape devices in theory and practice. Participants get the knowledge about workplaces and job tasks where H2S can be a risk, emergency first aid procedures and rescue situations.
- How H2S is created/formed
- Areas where H2S is commonly found
- The properties and characteristics of H2S and SO2 gas
- The physiological effects of H2S
- The occupational/workplace exposure limits (OEL/WEL) of H2S
- The purpose and types of H2S detection equipment
- Alarm systems and actions to be taken in response to alarms
- The purpose and type of compressed air escape devices
- The role of emergency response teams in an H2S emergency
- Rescue and first aid procedures
- H2S impact on different materials
- Gas detection, practical exercises
- Breathing apparatus, practical exercises
The Dräger Academy has been imparting well-founded and practice-based knowledge for over 40 years. With more than 110 authorised trainers and over 600 various thematic modules we are able to realize over 2,400 training courses per year. We look forward to welcoming you in person at the Dräger Academy—in our training centres around the world or at your site!
Our train the trainer concept ensures that the knowledge and the competency of our trainers are maintained at a consistently high level around the world. This means that international service companies with a global presence can rely on the fact that the Dräger training sessions provide the same level of knowledge to their employees at any location—around the world.
The content is presented in an application-based and varied manner. We combine conventional “classroom” training with practical exercises, realistic simulations and web-based online elements—a “blended learning” approach to enhance the learning experience and establish competency.
For detailed information about target group, learning method and duration please see also our Training Information under “Literature”.
Not all products, features, or services are for sale in all countries.