Dräger PIR 7000
- Sensor: IR Sensor
- Installation: with Increased Safety or flameproof
- Interface: 4-20 mA and Bus, HART®
- IP class: IP66/67 and SIL 2
- Special: Response Time <1 second
Two models of the Dräger PIR 7000 are available – type 334 and type 340. Each model works with a different measuring wavelength, thus giving the broadest possible range of detectable substances with superior accuracy.
Following the success of the most stable point infrared gas detector worldwide – the Dräger Polytron IR – Dräger now introduce the Dräger PIR 7000 which encompasses the latest in revolutionary technology.
Based on patented innovations, the Dräger PIR 7000 combines a maximum light collecting construction with a 4-beam signal stabilising system. The total optical system uses no light beam split, simply a set of various reflectors. This double-compensating optical system is very resistant towards known influences such as dust, fog or insects frequently found in the measuring cuvette or by dirt accumulation on the optical surfaces. Due to its non-imaging construction, the measuring signal is not affected by a partial beam block.
This innovative optical system ensures that the Dräger PIR 7000 fulfils the customer requirements of ›no false alarms‹, longer service intervals and a drift-free signal output.
Equally important is being informed about a potential hazard as early as possible. An early and reliable gas alarm allows for safety measures to be initiated on site.
To support this, the Dräger PIR 7000 offers a configurable response mode which allows the end user to choose between ›normal‹ or ›high speed‹ response subject to the application. Using the ›high speed‹ option, and combining it with the lowest feasible alarm threshold, the Dräger PIR 7000 shortens the reaction time in case of an alarm. Leakages can be detected at the earliest stage of their existence.
The Dräger PIR 7000 is delivered with the optimum default settings, but remains fully flexible to meet with the customers demands on an application-by-application basis. Whether it be reduced measuring ranges, configurable special signals (fault, beam block warning, maintenance), adjustable LEL values (values which are different across regions) all coupled with the configurable gas library (for other substances to be monitored) – all these features of the Dräger PIR 7000 offer the possibility to set up every device exactly to the customer’s needs and preferences.
After almost two decades of experience with infrared technology, leading to a continuously enhanced product quality, the Dräger PIR 7000 is further advanced as the total product has been developed in line with the Functional Safety standard EN 61508. This is applicable to both the devices hardware and software.
Furthermore, the excellent parameters as detailed in the SIL 2 (Safety Integrity Level) certificate, issued by the German TÜV show that only 2 % from the entire SIL 2 budget is allocated to the field device, thus providing flexibility to choose control systems and actuators.
This is a new understanding of reliability – not only fulfilling but exceeding the SIL 2 requirements significantly.
- Configurable gas library – methane, propane and ethylene fixed, up to 10 additional substances can be uploaded
- Multiple mounting and configuration capabilities (signals acc. to NAMUR NE 43)
- Precise and stable measurement
- Fastest response of less than 1 second
- Beam block warning in case of dirty optics for preventive maintenance
- Long maintenance intervals
- Extended temperature range of up to + 77 °C / + 170 °F
- Double-compensating, non-imaging optics (using 4-beam technology)
- Single cable multidrop capability using HART® communication
- Conventional 4-to-20-mA analogue signal output
- Unrestricted usage in humid atmospheres
- Hermetically sealed SS 316 L enclosure
- Integrated tag holder for individual labelling
- No moving parts
- Resistant towards shock and vibration up to 4 G
- Continuous self-testing in the context of the IEC/EN 61508 standard
- Developed and manufactured according to the SIL guidelines, SIL 2 certified by TÜV
- Ex approvals for worldwide application: ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- Dust approval for zone 21 and 22
- Typical lifetime greater than 15 years
360 Product View
PRC 7000 Product Use Note, en
The productivity of a continuous flow dryer depends on the setting of the installed gas transmitters. The more precise they are calibrated to the used solvent mixture, the safer is the plant in operation. Up to now in particular, in case of frequently changing compositions, this accuracy had to be acquired with long downtimes of the continuous flow dryer.
Product Information: Dräger PIR 7000 (PDF)
The Dräger PIR 7000 is an explosion proof point infrared gas detector for continuous monitoring of flammable gases and vapours.
RAB 7000 Product Information, en
The Dräger RAB 7000 Remote Access Box is an explosion-proof control unit for the Dräger PIR 7000 and Dräger PIR 7200 fixed gas detectors. The Dräger RAB 7000 allows these gas detectors to be operated with ease, even from a distance or in sites that are difficult to access.
Utilise for 35 Substances
10 matching SensorFGDS
- Response time
- < 1 second (fast response)
- Cable entry
- M25 or 3/4" NPT
- Intrinsic Safety
- Increased Safety
- ✓ SIL 2 (IEC 61508-1-3)
- 4-20 mA
- Power Supply
- 13 to 30 VDC
- Temperature (operation)
- -40°C - 77°C
- 0 to 100% r.h.
- 700 - 1300
- Dimensions (H × W × D)
- 0.16x0.09x0.09 m
- 4.85 lb
- Housing Material
- Stainless steel SS 316L
- Degree of protection (IP class)
- CE marking
- GOST (EAC)
- Performance approval
- Shipping approval