Dräger PIR 7200
- Sensor: IR Sensor
- Installation: with Increased Safety or flameproof
- Interface: 4-20 mA and Bus, HART®
- IP class: IP66/67 and SIL 2
- Special: Response Time <1 second
Almost two decades after launching the first fixed infrared gas detector – followed by a great market success with more than 100,000 units sold – Dräger now introduce the Dräger PIR 7200 which encompasses the latest in revolutionary technology.
Based on patented innovations, the Dräger PIR 7200 combines a maximum light collecting construction with a 4-beam signal stabilising system. The total optical system uses no light beam split, simply a set of various reflectors. This double-compensating optical system is very resistant towards known influences such as dust, fog or insects frequently found in the measuring cuvette or by dirt accumulation on the optical surfaces. Due to its non-imaging construction, the measuring signal is not affected by a partial beam block.
This innovative optical system ensures that the Dräger PIR 7200 fulfils the customer requirements in industrial applications of “no false alarms”, longer service intervals and a drift-free signal output.
Equally important is being informed about a potential hazard as early as possible. An early and reliable gas alarm allows for safety measures to be initiated on site.
To support this, the Dräger PIR 7200 offers a configurable response mode which allows the end user to choose between “normal” or “high speed” response subject to the application. Using the “high speed” option, and combining it with the lowest feasible alarm threshold, the Dräger PIR 7200 shortens the reaction time in case of an alarm. Leakages can be detected at the earliest stage of their existence.
The Dräger PIR 7200 is delivered with the optimum default settings, but remains fully flexible to meet with the customers demands on an application-by-application basis. Whether it be reduced or increased measuring ranges or configurable special signals (fault, beam block warning, maintenance) – these features of the Dräger PIR 7200 offer the possibility to set up every device exactly to the customer’s needs and preferences.
Years of experience in manufacturing gas detectors using infrared technology lead to a continuously enhanced product quality. Now, the Dräger PIR 7200 is further advanced as the total product has been developed inline with the Functional Safety standard EN 61508. This is applicable to both the devices hardware and software.
Furthermore, the excellent parameters as detailed in the SIL 2 (Safety Integrity Level) certificate, issued by the German TÜV, show that only 2 % from the entire SIL 2 budget is allocated to the field device, thus providing flexibility to choose control systems and actuators.
This is a new understanding of reliability – not only fulfilling but exceeding the SIL 2 requirements significantly.
- Linearised response characteristics for carbon dioxide
- Multiple configuration capabilities of all special signals (in accordance with NAMUR NE 43)
- Precise and stable measurement
- Fastest response of less than 1 second
- Beam block warning signal in the case of contaminated optics for predictive maintenance
- Long maintenance intervals
- Extended temperature range of up to +77 °C / + 170 °F
- Double-compensating and non-imaging optics (with 4-beam technology)
- Single cable multidrop capability using HART® communication
- Conventional 4 to 20 mA analogue signal output
- Hermetically sealed stainless steel 316L enclosure
- No moving parts
- Resistant towards shock and vibration up to 4 G
- Continuous self-testing in the context of the IEC/EN 61508 standard
- Developed and manufactured according to the SIL guidelines, SIL 2 certified by TÜV
- Ex approvals for worldwide application: ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- Dust ex approval for zone 21 and 22
- Typical lifetime greater than 15 years
Product Information: Dräger PIR 7200 (PDF)
The Dräger PIR 7200 is an explosion proof point infrared gas detector for continuous monitoring of carbon dioxide. Designed for the industrial use, the transmitter offers drift-free optics.
RAB 7000 Product Information, en
The Dräger RAB 7000 Remote Access Box is an explosion-proof control unit for the Dräger PIR 7000 and Dräger PIR 7200 fixed gas detectors. The Dräger RAB 7000 allows these gas detectors to be operated with ease, even from a distance or in sites that are difficult to access.
Gas List Brochure, en
List of detectable gases and vapours.
Utilise for 1 Substances
4 matching SensorFGDS
- Response time
- < 1 second (fast response)
- Cable entry
- M25 or 3/4" NPT
- Intrinsic Safety
- Increased Safety
- ✓ SIL 2 (IEC 61508-1-3)
- 4-20 mA
- Power Supply
- 13 to 30 VDC, 3-wire
- Temperature (operation)
- -40°C - 77°C
- 0 to 100% r.h.
- Pressure (hPa)
- 700 - 1300
- Dimensions (H × W × D)
- 0.09x0.16x0.09 m
- 4.85 lb
- Housing Material
- Stainless steel SS316 L
- Degree of protection (IP class)
- CE marking
- GOST (EAC)
- Performance approval
- Shipping approval