Confined Space Entry
This training course covers the control of and entry into confined spaces, for personnel required to enter a confined space in the workplace.
By completing this course it is expected that the attendees will have the necessary knowledge to enable repeated safe exposure to such work activities fully understanding "working in confined spaces".
Upon successful completion candidates will be able to:
- Assess a confined space for entry
- Safely use equipment and personal protective equipment
- Work in accordance with confined space requirements
- Conclude confined space operations in accordance with procedures
- Legislation and definitions
- Case studies of unsafe confined space entry
- Gas awareness and atmospheric monitoring
- Permits to work and other entry procedures
- Risk assessments and hazard control
- Isolation and basics in tag out methods
- Roles and responsibilities of key personnel
- Introduction to emergency procedures
- Awareness of applicable PPE (breathing apparatus, gas detectors, chemical protective suits and spill control equipment)
- Safely enter a confined space
- Written and practical assessment
Provided by Dräger Academy
The Dräger Academy has been imparting well-founded and practice-based knowledge for over 40 years. With more than 110 authorised trainers and over 600 various thematic modules we are able to realize over 2,400 training courses per year. We look forward to welcoming you in person at the Dräger Academy—in our training centres around the world or at your site!
Commitment to quality
Our train the trainer concept ensures that the knowledge and the competency of our trainers are maintained at a consistently high level around the world. This means that international service companies with a global presence can rely on the fact that the Dräger training sessions provide the same level of knowledge to their employees at any location—around the world.
Blended learning—as flexible as possible
The content is presented in an application-based and varied manner. We combine conventional “classroom” training with practical exercises, realistic simulations and web-based online elements—a “blended learning” approach to enhance the learning experience and establish competency.
For detailed information about target group, learning method and duration please see also our Training Information under “Literature”.
Not all products, features, or services are for sale in all countries.