Dräger PAS® AirPack 1
Uninterrupted air supply is provided by the trolley-mounted cylinder(s) to the wearer via a hose reel. As the PAS AirPack can be easily re-located and therefore positioned in a safe zone which is in close proximity to working area, the user need only wear a lightweight harness, such as Dräger’s PAS Colt, during operation. This allows the wearer a greater freedom of movement, and less stress and fatigue than they would be subjected to if wearing a conventional self-contained breathing apparatus unit.
The Dräger PAS AirPack 1 is able to accommodate up to four compressed air cylinders of up to 12 litres in capacity and is constructed from an anti-static powder coated steel material.
A 50 metre length of hose is supplied with the PAS AirPack 1 as standard, this can be extended to a length of 100 metres with a range of extension hoses. The trolley hose reel connector is protected with a cover to minimise inadvertent damage being caused. The hose reel is equipped with a winding handle to allow the hose to be easily re-wound onto the reel after use. Outgoing hose distribution is also controlled with a braking system in order to prevent unnecessary unwinding and potential entanglement.
The Dräger PAS AirPack 1 benefits from the world renowned, tried and tested, pneumatics system used on Dräger’s successful PSS range of compressed air breathing apparatus. The system incorporates a safety pressure relief valve and the pressure reducer is shrouded in a protective plate for additional safety.
The PAS AirPack has been ergonomically designed to facilitate ease of operation, general handling and mobility.
The Module comprises of:
- Robust welded durable steel frame coated, for corrosion protection, with a tough black anti-static polymeric powder coating.
- Stainless steel fittings.
The Dräger PAS AirPack 1 Trolley module incorporates the following pneumatic elements;
- Pressure reducer suitable for connecting breathable quality air at an input pressure of either 200 or 300 bar.
- Pressure reducer suitable for supplying breathable quality air at an outlet medium pressure of 8 bar nominal. (6 to 10 bar)
- Vent valves, to allow for the independent charging if an individual cylinder.
- High Pressure (HP) gauge, indicating cylinder pressure.
- Medium Pressure (MP) gauge, indicating cascade system or ring main pressure.
- Pressure relief valve, to relieve medium pressure from air hoses.
- Whistle Warning Unit – High pressure (HPWWU), indicating cylinder pressure to a volume of approximately 55 bar
- Whistle Warning Unit – Medium pressure (MPWWU) for use with independent air line source. Indicating cascade system or ring main pressure at approximately 4.5 bar.
- Suitable for use in explosive atmospheres (ATEX zone 1)
The high performance pressure reducer assembly of the Dräger PAS AirPack 1 is incorporated in the main pneumatic manifold assembly located behind the control panel. Functioning at inlet pressures of 200 or 300 bar the reducer provides a controlled outlet operating medium bar-pressure supply of 8 bar nominal. (6 to 10 bar). A pressure relief valve, incorporated into the manifold, ensures that any ‘over pressure’ (possible failure of the reducer) will not enter the mediumpressure airline system.
PAS AirPack 1 Product Information, en
Air Supply Poster, en
Air Supply System (External Air Source + Breathing and Body Protection - PPE): Relevant Approvals & Dräger Options
Airline Product Poster, en
Professionally protected: Body protection, respiratory protection and body cooling as a system