Dräger PAS AirPack 2
Uninterrupted air supply is provided by the trolley-mounted cylinder(s) to the wearer via a hose reel. As the PAS AirPack 2 can easily be relocated and therefore positioned in a safe zone which is in close proximity to working area, the user only needs to wear a lightweight harness, such as Dräger’s PAS Colt, during operation. This allows the wearer a greater freedom of movement, and less stress and fatigue than they would be subjected to if wearing a conventional self-contained breathing apparatus unit.
The Dräger PAS AirPack 2 is able to accommodate one or two compressed air cylinders of up to 50 litres in capacity and is constructed from an anti-static powder coated steel material.
The unit can be supplied with a fully approved lifting eye, enabling safe transfer when elevated working areas may be unavoid able. The rear wheel of the trolley also incorporates an easy to administer foot brake, which prevents any inadvertent movement of the unit during operation.
It is available with either one or two pre s sure reducers and two hose reels allowing joint use of the system or for two completely independent systems to run concurrently. A 50 metre length of hose is supplied with Dräger PAS AirPack 2 as standard, this can be extended to a length of 100 metres with a range of extension hoses.
The trolley hose reel connector is protected with a cover to minimise inadvertent damage being caused. The hose reel is equipped with a winding handle to allow the hose to be easily rewound onto the reel after use. Out going hose distribution is also controlled with a braking system in order to prevent unnecessary unwinding and potential entanglement.
The Dräger PAS AirPack 2 benefits from the world renowned, tried and tested pneumatics system used on Dräger’s successful PSS range of compressed air breathing apparatus. The system incorporates a safety pressure relief valve and the pressure reducer is shrouded in a protective plate for additional safety.
The Dräger PAS AirPack 2 Trolley module incorporates the following pneumatic elements:
- Pressure reducer suitable for connecting breathable quality air at an input pressure of either 200 or 300 bar.
- Pressure reducer suitable for supplying breathable quality air at an outlet medium pressure of 8 bar nominal (6 to 10 bar).
- Vent valves, to allow for the indepen dent charging of an individual cylinder.
- High Pressure (HP) gauge, indicating cylinder pressure.
- Medium Pressure (MP) gauge, indicating cascade system or ring main pressure.
Pressure relief valve, to relieve medium pressure from air hoses.
- Whistle Warning Unit – High pressure (HPWWU), indicating cylinder pressure to a volume of approximately 55 bar
- Whistle Warning Unit – Medium pressure (MPWWU) for use with independent air line source. Indicating cascade system or ring main pressure at approximately 4.5 bar.
- Suitable for use in explosive atmospheres (ATEX Zone 1).
The high performance pressure reducer assembly of the Dräger PAS AirPack 2 is incorporated in the main pneumatic manifold assembly located behind the control panel. Functioning at inlet pressures of 200 or 300 bar the reducer provides a controlled outlet operating medium bar-pressure supply of 8 bar nominal (6 to 10 bar). A pressure relief valve, incorporated into the manifold, ensures that any ‘over pressure’ (possible failure of the reducer) will not enter the mediumpressure airline system.
Air Supply Poster, en
Air Supply System (External Air Source + Breathing and Body Protection - PPE): Relevant Approvals & Dräger Options
Airline Product Poster, en
Professionally protected: Body protection, respiratory protection and body cooling as a system