Dräger Alcotest® mouthpieces and funnels
The sophisticated product design, which has been tried and tested a million times over, offers all the prerequisites for a quick, simple and hygienic breath alcohol analysis:
- The individually packed mouthpieces are connected to each other in a chain and can be separated at a perforation. An additional perforation for opening each individual packaging ensures that the mouthpieces can be placed hygienically without coming into direct contact with the mouth contact area.
- The contour of the Slide'n'click mouthpieces with the grooved pressure surface intuitively enables correct fixation, even in the dark — either from the left or from the right (depending on the design of the mouthpiece holder on the device side). The mouthpieces audibly click into place during this process. After mouthpiece replacement, the Alcotest® device is immediately ready for use again.
- The geometry, which is specially adapted to the Dräger breath alcohol measuring devices, enables an optimal air flow with low breathing resistance and reliable sampling. The breath air is not directed through the device, but past it. The breath sample to be analysed is drawn out of the air flow. The non-closable air outlet of the disposable mouthpieces prevents possibilities of manipulation when delivering a breath test.
- The mouthpieces are positioned to the specially shaped grip area of the Alcotest units so that a safe, hygienic distance can be maintained between the operator's hands and the test subject.
- A spacer on the mouthpieces prevents the lips of the test person from coming into contact with the device housing. Basically, a sample delivery at a 90° angle between the operator and the test person is possible. This prevents the operator from having the sample blow onto them.
- After the test procedure, the mouthpieces can be easily and cleanly removed from the device with a flick of the finger on the spacer. The Alcotest 7510 even offers a special ejector system for this purpose.
- For increased hygiene, Dräger recommends Slide'n'click mouthpieces with a non-return valve. This ensures that (potentially contaminated) breathing air cannot be sucked in again by the subject.
- The material has been tested for skin sensitivity and cytotoxicity, confirming that the standard mouthpieces are safe for skin contact and mouth use.
- A special variant for medical use with the Alcotest 6820 med./Alcotest 7000 med. offer the mouthpieces "Alcomed". They meet the requirements of the MDR directive with regard to packaging and labelling.
The Dräger Alcotest Classic mouthpieces are specially designed for analysing forensic results with Dräger's stationary evident breath alcohol measuring instruments.
- The Classic mouthpieces allow hygienic contact between the subject and the instrument.
- Up to 25 individually packed mouthpieces are connected in a chain and can be separated at a perforation. An additional perforation for opening the individual packaging ensures hygienic placement of the mouthpieces without direct contact.
- Due to the high metrological requirements of evidential measurement, the breathing air is fed directly into the device here. Small moisture particles are retained by the droplet trap due to the special mouthpiece design and thus cannot enter the device. The use of mouthpieces with a non-return valve also prevents breathing air from being sucked back out of the breathing tube.
- The Classic mouthpieces are also available in a version for devices with additional breath temperature measurement (AT). In this case the mouthpieces are blue.
This special funnel from Dräger, with its unique "Hygienic-Flow" design, avoids the backflow of one's own exhaled breathing air and thus also possible pathogens from previous test persons. The funnel attachment can be replaced effortlessly, providing the assurance of a hygienic solution.
With the funnel solution for completing many alcohol tests in the shortest possible time, the alcohol test takes place without any physical contact with the test person. The funnel test provides an initial indication of whether or not alcohol is present in the breath. There is no need to put on and take off new mouthpieces, as the sample is simply blown into a funnel.
The intuitively attachable mouthpieces are protected by a cap. They can be easily exchanged for a new test person. The air channel guides exhaled air over the device and only a small sample is extracted from it for evaluation. This ensures that there is no accumulation of alcohol in the device and that all measurements remain accurate and reliable. This is the same procedure that is used in police Alcotest devices.
The hygienic, individually packaged mouthpieces are specially adapted for use with Dräger Interlock® devices. Their simple clip-on mountings are done on the back of the respective Interlock handpiece, so that the device is not immediately recognisable as an alcohol Interlock in the vehicle. Both the mouthpiece material and the packaging film are fully biodegradable.